Community Health Worker job in Maryland
Job opportunity in Maryland: Community Health Worker
Job type: Remote,Full-time
- Study-In-USA: 2022 Kotzen Scholarships for International Students
- Study-In-USA: 2022 Michigan State University Scholarship for International Students
- Study-In-USA/Canada: MPOWER MBA Scholarships for International Students.
- Study-In-USA: 2022 Medaille University Merit Scholarships for International Students
- Work in US: Crime Scene Investigator I/IIP in Maryland
Complete Job Description:
External Candidates Will Receive a $1,500 Sign-On Bonus
UnitedHealthcare is a growing corporation. We’re expanding in many directions, across borders, and, most importantly, in how we think. In this case, innovation is about transforming the health care industry rather than creating another gadget. Are you ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and begin doing the most important work of your life.
As a Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act as a liaison with Medicaid members, ensuring that appropriate care is obtained, as well as providing home and social assessments and member education.CHWs work in a team environment and have the flexibility to work with members over the phone as well as in the community to engage directly with members. This role requires an interest in learning how to work with medically complex patients who may be suffering from significant addiction and/or behavioral health conditions.
Required Qualifications for the Community Health Worker job:
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Able to comply with UHG Telecommuting Policy and have a designated workspace inside the home with access to high-speed internet availability
- Resided in the local community
- Knowledge of culture and values of community
- Familiarity with the resources available in the community
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel locally, up to 50% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is a required job function for this position. Candidates who live in states that require COVID-19 booster doses must also meet those requirements. To ensure compliance, UnitedHealth Group will follow all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as all client requirements, and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, as well as boosters when applicable, prior to employment. All essential job functions must be performed by candidates with or without reasonable accommodation.
Preferred Qualifications for the Community Health Worker job:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a health-related field
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide, Certified Medical Assistant, CHW Accreditation
- Field based experience
- Knowledge and/or experience with behavioral health or substance use disorders
- Care management experience
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of Medicaid and/or Medicare population
To apply on the company site, click https://www.indeed.com/applystart?jk=a0089747587f6635&from=vj&pos=bottom&mvj=0&spon=0&sjdu=YmZE5d5THV8u75cuc0H6Y26AwfY51UOGmh3Z9h4OvXh4v-KplOvwwBaHophCGEzapsjbKTpre7P5gvPU7rdPPQ&vjfrom=serp&astse=4d7b868e59d8cd59&assa=9259