Covenant University CApIC-ACE is now accepting applications for its Masters and Ph.D. degree programs in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biochemistry, and Information & Communication Engineering (ICE) for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Under the World Bank-funded African Centre of Excellence IMPACT project (ACE-IMPACT), the newly established Covenant Applied Informatics and Communication Africa Centre of Excellence (CApIC-ACE) at Covenant University invites suitably qualified and highly motivated applicants from Nigeria and West & Central Africa to its Masters and PhD degree programs in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biochemistry, and Information & Communication Engineering (ICE).
Successful applicants will be eligible for sponsorship as well as intensive three months of English language training (for French-speaking applicants).
- Kwara State University (KWASU) Business School Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Ogun State Institute of Technology (OGITECH) HND Admission Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Kwara State College of Health Technology Offa Entrance Exam Schedule for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Covenant University Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session
- Bowen University Examinations Timetable for 2nd Semester 2021/2022 academic Session.
CApIC-ACE was founded on the urgent need to develop a critical mass of indigenous African scientists with the necessary bioinformatics, molecular biology, and information and communications engineering knowledge and skills to drive and sustain impactful research in the areas of malaria, prostate and breast cancer, as well as cloud and high-performance computing as they relate to personalized medicine, in collaboration with academic, clinical, and industrial institutions. Our collaborations have a successful track record in research, training, innovation, and technology transfer.
CApIC-ACE is based on Covenant University’s existing infrastructure and staff, as well as externally sponsored research initiatives for malaria and FEDGEN (NIH H3ABioNet, NIH WASLITBRe, and German Science Foundation (called DFG) administered by CUBRe) and cancer (CaPTC). It intends to develop a Federated Genomic (FEDGEN) cloud infrastructure (with in-memory computing and cloud AI capabilities) tailored to handle and analyze indigenous genomic data in order to address African health challenges such as health education, medication efficiency, and early disease detection.
Minimum requirement for application to Covenant University CApIC-ACE:
Master programme requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 (second class upper) from any recognized University in Nigeria, West or Central Africa.
- Or Post Graduate Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in the relevant disciplines.
NOTE: that the minimum duration of this programme is full time of two academic sessions.
PhD programme requirements:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees from any recognized University in Nigeria, West or Central Africa.
- Direct entry candidates must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0 on a 5.0 scale or its equivalent in M.Sc./M.Eng/M.Tech and a minimum CGPA of 3.5 (second class upper) in the Bachelor’s degree.
NOTE: Candidates with professional Master’s degree are not eligible for the PhD programme. Minimum duration of PhD programme is full time of three academic sessions.
How to Apply:
Send CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with email subject matter, in the format: Application for CApIC-ACE RA + FIRST NAME_LAST NAME
Also, applicants can attach copies of their academic transcripts (Student copy) including other credentials.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: AUGUST 19TH, 2022.
Available programs in the various colleges include the following:
College of Science and Technology
A. PROGRAMME: BIOINFORMATICS
- Functional Genomics
- Genome Bioinformatics
- Network Biology
- Population Genetics
- Statistical Genetics
- Systems Biology
B. PROGRAMME: COMPUTER SCIENCE
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cybercrime Security/Digital Forensic
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Mobile Computing
- Software Engineering
C. PROGRAMME: BIOCHEMISTRY
- Molecular Biology
- Molecular Oncology and Cancer Research
D. PROGRAMME: MICROBIOLOGY (MICROBIAL & GENETIC BIOTECHNOLOGY)
College of Engineering
A. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- AI in Communication Systems
- Cloud and High Performance Computing
- Internet of Things (IoT) & Big Data Analytics
More Posts From http://Exammaterials.com.ng
Read more on http://www.covenantuniversity.edu.ng