The 2022 CODESRIA/CASB Summer School is now accepting applications from qualified African students interested in learning new interdisciplinary research approaches. The program is a fully-funded training that includes a paid trip to Dakar, lodging, and food for all selected candidates.
Under the supervision of senior scholars, students and emerging scholars will have the opportunity to critically engage with new theoretical, conceptual, and methodological developments in African Studies and improve the relevance of the methods to their work.
Table of Contents
- Scholarship Details
- Duration and Reward
- Required Documents
- Method of Application
- Study-In-USA: 2022 Iowa State University Scholarships for International Students
- Study-In-USA: 2022 Portland State University Scholarships for International Students.
- Study-In-Canada: 2022 University of Toronto Lester Pearson Scholarships for International Students
- Study-In-USA: 2022 North American University Foundation Scholarships for International Students
- Study-In-USA/Canada: MPOWER MBA Scholarships for International Students.
The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) and The Centre for African Studies in Basel (CASB) are seeking applicants for their 5th Summer School in African Studies and Area Studies in Africa.
The Summer School is sponsored by the Oumou Dilly Foundation (Switzerland) in collaboration with CODESRIA and aims to strengthen ties between the CODESRIA community of scholars and the African Studies community in Switzerland.All countries are eligible for this scholarship and its reward is a full scholarship .
Deadline: June 30, 2022
To be considered for the summer school training, you must:
- PhD students and emerging scholars enrolled and working at higher education institutions in any country are eligible to apply.
- PhD students enrolled in African and Swiss universities and in the following disciplines are strongly encouraged to apply: Sociology, history, religion, philosophy, gender studies, and political science are all examples of social sciences.
Duration and Reward
- Travel, accommodation, and meals during the Summer School will be provided for participants enrolled at institutions in Africa.
- The programme will be held between August 8-12, 2022.
- The goals of the Summer School are the following:
- Give PhD students and emerging scholars the opportunity to engage critically with new theoretical, conceptual and methodological developments in African Studies and enhance the relevance of the methods to their work under the guidance of senior scholars;
- Encourage PhD students and emerging scholars to reflect on the potential relevance of knowledge on Africa to the task of improving our theoretical, conceptual and methodological tools both in the disciplines as well as in interdisciplinary work.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A letter of motivation with a clear statement on how you approach the challenge of “objectivity” in the social sciences and humanities as practiced in Africa and elsewhere
- A five-page concept paper should highlight: (a) what they are working on (b) how their work relates to the theme of the Summer School; (c) their expectations from the Summer School should they be selected.
- Curriculum vitae
- One letter of recommendation from the candidate’s institution of affiliation
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
Method of Application
- Doctoral students interested in exploring these issues as part of a larger framework of engaging with methodological challenges in African Studies are encouraged to apply for the 5th CODESRIA/ZASB Summer School.
- Applications are accepted in three languages: French, Portuguese, and English.
Click on the link below to commence your application:
More posts from http://Exammaterials.com.ng